1.5.6 Release - finally!
posted Apr 8, 2011, 1:13 PM
No, still not quite ready to call it 1.6.0, but perhaps close?
- Transferred to new toolchain on Windows - problem for people not being able to run the viewer previously should be gone
- Inventory links disabled on non-compliant grids
- Backported animation engine from V2, by Shyotl
- All new deferred mode by Shyotl
- New graphics system presets for Low (faster) and Ultra (enables new deferred mode)
- Backported spatial partition system from V2, by Shyotl - affects performance for everyone, please report whether it's faster or slower for you
- Map system rework - now uses fast map on SL, old-style map on other grids
- Roleplaying: special support for CCS meters
- LightShare on compliant OpenSim
- Major rework of image handling and decoding system
- Voice problems fixed
- Minimap not cluttered up by skyboxes any longer - unless you are above them or close to them
- Friend groups feature removed - it has never worked, not even in Ascent - will be brought back eventually
- Sione's Media Filter
- A few dozen assorted bug and crash fixes
Windows version is already up, Linux and OS X downloads upcoming.